Oh, my gosh I´m so excited! Today I had a meeting with several other IES students, a member of IES staff, and la jefa (kind of like the principal) of a elementary school in Madrid! Well, it´s not really in Madrid but in a residental suburb but same difference. Anyway, I am going to be teaching conversational English to third graders once a week!!! I might be able to do it more than once a week, but I don´t want to commit to too much right off. But I´m super excited! Teresa, la jefa, told us to only speak English. We have to plan our own activities but she said not to make them reading, writing, or drawing because we are there to help them speak English. I´m not really sure at what level of speaking my kids will be at but I´m just planning on doing introductions and basics the first day. This will give me view of more residental living in Spain. Another whole perspective of life in Spain. So, if you have any fun songs or ideas for teaching English to third graders, let me know! I´ll keep you posted on how that goes!
Also, today, I found a little bar really close to school that has bocadillos (kind of like sub-sandwiches without the mayo) for only 1€...very exciting because it´s the closest thing to school besides the expensive bar inside the school building.
And, Dad, don´t worry...when I say bar it means kind of like a small café or restaurant...no alcohol involved...just wanted to reassure you...:)
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment