Wednesday, October 18, 2006

LLUVIA!!

So, yesterday was our first rainy day in Madrid! It was fun but it is supposed to rain for the next 5 days so it could get old fast. But the rain brought cold weather so that has been refreshing. Unfortunately, the cold weather brought me a cold of sorts and I've been sniffling for a couple days now. I hate to blow my nose but I've even resorted to that it's gotten so bad. But I'm feeling lots better and not so off-balance like on Monday.

I taught class on Monday and it was fun. We did an activity to learn prepositions/positions like between, on top of, next to, under, beneath etc... They were pretty good but not very good listeners...so that makes it a little harder to teach but it also challenges me to do interesting things to keep their attention. Next week we are talking about Halloween so I have to find a story or something to talk about. Anyone know any songs about Halloween? Send them my way...

Last night, I had to go to a play called Divinas Palabras for one of my classes and it is the WORST play I have ever seen. I usually like everything I see to some degree but this was awful. First, it is in old Spanish that even native Spaniards don't understand so I didn't understand hardly anything they said. I have no idea what the plot was or the names of any of the characters. I couldn't tell you any concrete thing that happened in it. So there goes 2 hours of my life that I will never understand....oh well.

I also met a kid from Trinity that is visiting a girl in my program here because he's studying in London. So that was fun! Maybe I'll see him when we go to London in a few weeks... I love knowing people wherever I go.

BULLETIN BULLETIN! (oh Ms. Graves...how I miss you!) I am most likely coming home for Christmas for a couple weeks now. So yes...now you know...

still working on the wireless internet thing so sporadic posting will continue...

No comments: