So last Wednesday night I went to see Sara Baras who is a world-reknown flamenco dancer. I went through my program and only had to pay 20 euros for a 50 euro ticket! I think because we went as a group and I'm sure IES paid for some of it. But anyway, IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! It was kind of like Ballet Flamenco and I loved it! It was 2 hours of fun! And we had great seats! The show was dedicated to this man who created Flamenco singing and is the father of sung flamenco (or something like that) and he performed in the show as well. Then at the end, they brought up all of his family and Sara Baras' family onto the stage. And let me tell you, those are two family full of flamenco performers. I think every single person up there sang or danced. It was like a jam session but flamenco style...absolutely incredible! It was so fun to watch and you could tell they were having a blast! Here are a few pictures I got of the internet...alas, we couldn't take pictures during the show...que pena!

No comments:
Post a Comment