We left Madrid at 9:45 at night and didn’t get in until 11:05pm into the Luton Airport. Then we had to catch a bus into London at 12:20 am and got to our hostel about 2pm after catching a night bus and hailing a cab…what a night.
In bed by three, we had to wake up at 8:30am to get ready and eat breakfast before heading out for the day. And guess where we went?!?! To meet two of my sorority sisters, Kara and Madison, at WESTMINSTER ABBEY! You know you are living when you have Westminster Abbey as a meeting spot…oh my gosh! So, I got to see them and was reminded how much I love them and how they are two of the funniest people I know! Then I left them at the Abbey to go to the train station to pick up LEAH, yes, my best friend that I haven’t seen in 6 months and IT WAS SO EXCITING!!!! She is studying in Brighton and caught a bus into London for the day. We also waited for Jackie, another pledge sister…not me, and then we headed to the London Eye/London Aquarium in order to meet up with the girls again. We waited with Liz, another Trinity friend, for Saffers and Muffin (lovingly bestowed nicknames…) to come out of the Aquarium. Then we went and ate lunch at this Japanese (I think) restaurant called Wagamama which was amazing and we had so much fun! Then Saffers, Muffin and Liz took a ride on the Eye while Leah, Tweedy (another nickname) took a walk on the Thames, found a used book market (had to buy a Noel Streatfield book…you know…she wrote the shoe books…watch You’ve Got Mail if you don’t know what I’m talking about.),
watch some boys graffiti over other graffiti on this really cool wall by this skate park, went to see St. Paul’s Cathedral and then met back up with the girls. We headed to Buckingham Palace and had a debaucle trying to get our picture taken b/c we were looking for someone reliable who wouldn’t steal our camera but the first man didn’t hold down the button long enough and it didn’t take so we had to find another person. We ended up asking this girl who only spoke Spanish so guess who got to do the honors? Me! Who knew Spanish could be so useful in London.
Then we took a walk through Green Park and made a stop at Starbucks in honor of home and then Leah and I split off from the pack. We went to my hostel, got my bags out of the luggage room, and then went to catch a bus back to Brighton.
Once in Brighton, I got to see where Leah lives and I got to see Maddie and Lindsay who are both Trinity students (and I went to high school with Maddie) and whom I love!
We hung out and then Leah and I went to bed. Since it was daylight savings, we got an extra hour but we didn’t realize it until the next morning. When we woke up we got ready and Leah made me French toast which was yummy (who knew she could cook?). Then we headed out to Brighton with Maddie and Lindsay. Their school is actually about 20 min. outside of Brighton by bus so we caught a bus in and had lots of fun at the Pound Store (kind of like the dollar store but since the pound is double the dollar it was really the 2 dollar store…tragic) and at Oxfam (a charity store where everything you pay goes to charity) and then we ate at this amazing Italian restaurant where we all got the same thing, a margherita pizza and a soda…it was so yummy! Then we walked through this market and headed for the ocean! Brighton is on the coast and so we went to the beach
and walked on the pier.
It was a beautiful sunny day although a bit cold for my Madrilenian self (yes…I just called myself Madrilenian…) Then it was time to head back to get my things from Leah’s room and catch the bus back to Brighton to catch the bus back to London…so much traveling… Also, while I was in Brighton, Leah gave me my birthday present which was a pair of VENETIAN GLASS EARRINGS!!!! They are turquoise and beautiful and I love them a lot! We also went to Claire’s and I bought some earrings for a pound. Then I got back to London and ate dinner with Kali, Crescendo and Lauren. Or really, I ate and they hung out and waited for me to eat…
And then we headed back to the hostel because we had to wake up at 3:30 am to catch the night bus in order to catch the train in order to catch our flight back to Madrid. We got back on Monday about 12pm and missed class…que pena…but I did make it back in time to go teach my English class which was a little bit wild b/c the kids were a bit excited about not having school on Wednesday b/c it was fiesta!!! HOORAY! We love fiesta!!!So, this week I went to the Police Station to get my fingerprint made for my residential card and only had two days of class b/c of fiesta! Next time, I’ll tell you the story of my almost heart attack…that’s a good one…and now it rains again…always rain, never sun…hugs to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment